Athens, Greece Nov 13 - 22, 2020, w/Dr. Frank Imbarrato, SR1500
This trip is for primary care providers, dermatologists, dentists, pharmacists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, dental hygienists, dental assistants, physical/occupational therapists, ophthalmologists, optometrists and logistical servants. Trip specialty is Refugee Care.
The majority of refugees have sought safety no longer found in their homelands. This trip will focus on ministering to the refugees in the tent camps and those dispersed throughout Athens.
Greece has been one of the main gateways into Europe for people fleeing numerous war-torn and chronically unstable countries and has been on the frontline of this crisis since its inception. Our National Partners have been involved in ministry to the refugees even prior to the catastrophic influx that started in 2015.
The initial intent to relocate refugees has faltered since migration northward into Europe has ceased and placement remains very difficult for those who remain in Greece. There are still thousands of people waiting in ill-equipped shelters to be processed, settled, or deported. Living conditions for refugees in this area are very poor and their future is in doubt.
Since we will be serving a large population of Muslims, it will be important for us to have a large percentage of our providers to be female. This team will allow a limited number of Servants (non-medical helpers).
The Team size is limited to 12. PLEASE NOTE: As of April 19, 2020, the team is almost full. Ideally –we need one more dentist, a pharmacist and one logistical servant
|$150.00||Application Fee (due upon applying/acceptance)|
|$1,645.00||Project Fee (due two weeks prior to trip)|
|$1,500.00||Estimated International Airfare (will be adjusted to actual airfare total and is due upon ticketing)|
|$200.00||Estimated Domestic Airfare (will be adjusted to actual airfare total and is due upon ticketing)|
Waiver of Responsibility Form Required
Your application is not complete until this form is completed.
- Important Note! The expiration date on your valid passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of your trip. We recommend g3visas.com.
- Foreign language skills are appreciated, but not required.
- Attending morning and evening team meetings, including devotions
- Serving in the capacity of position on team and/or at direction of the team leader
- Must be 16+ years old to participate.
- Read "GHO Participant Manual" located under Forms.
- Begin Fundraising
- Submit all requested documents to GHO right away.
- Immunizations - www.cdc.gov/travel